Topic: “Sleep Apnea: Treatment, Regulatory Environment, Insurance Issues & the Long Term Implications of Taking on “Sleep” Patients ”
This lecture is sponsored by HENRY SCHEIN Canada.
Win door prize at the event!
Speaker: Dr. W. Halstrom
Venue: Radisson President Hotel, 8181 Cambie Road, Richmond, BC
Time: 6:00 p.m. (registration) 6:30 p.m. (dinner) 7:30 p.m. (lecture)
Fee: Free (Member) $125 (Non-Member)
- Review of the history /progress of oral appliance therapy
- Functionality of the therapy
- Relationship of sleep disorders with various /major medical issues
- Appliance Requirements relative to appliance varieties and selection
- Regulatory Issues: Medical and Dental
- Professional Interactions: Medical (GP/Primary care) – sleep lab- home care providers (CPAP)
The Clinician: Dr. W. Halstrom graduated from the University of Alberta with his D.D.S. in 1960. He maintained a prosthodontic/general practice in North Vancouver, B.C. from 1961 to 1991. Since 1991, Dr. Halstrom has limited his practice to the treatment of Snoring and Sleep Apnea. Dr. Halstrom is the Clinical Director of “Dr. Halstrom – Sleep Apnea and Snoring Clinics”. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine. As a visionary and leader in the field of Sleep Apnea Therapy, Dr. Halstrom has travelled the world speaking to health professionals on how to best offer essential therapy to one of the world’s most serious undiagnosed medical conditions. He is the inventor of The Silencer®, an oral appliance used for the treatment of Sleep Apnea and Snoring.